Vacation Rentals and Villas in Belize
Belize has become a top destination for eco-tourists in recent years. One region that is particularly attractive to those who love nature and history is the Cayo district in western Belize. It is full of parks and ecological reserves and it is also the heart of the ancient Maya civilization.
In addition, Cayo is so rich with pre-Columbian archeological sites including Caracol, which is the country’s largest Maya site, and Xunantunich, which has a 39-meter-high El Castillo pyramid. There are also sacred caves such as Actun Tunichil Muknal, which visitors can explore.
If you decide to visit this beautiful area full of great natural beauty, then consider staying at a vacation home instead of a hotel or resort.
There are several reasons to do this:
– You will get a more authentic Belizean experience than if you stay in a hotel room or resort
– You have a whole house vs. a room or a suite. That means you have a kitchen, laundry facilities, and the grounds of the property to yourself.
– There is more flexibility for families and groups. If one of your children is a picky eater, you will be able to shop for and cook things they will eat.
– You are not insulated from the local lifestyle so you can be more immersed in the local culture
– When you book your vacation home, you’ll be able to get personal suggestions and recommendations
One of the best places to stay during your visit is Villa Massis. It provides two luxurious options.
The Luxury Villa has a king-size bed, a jacuzzi, a fully-equipped kitchen, free WiFi, a dedicated workspace, and all the other modern amenities you could desire. Since the villa is located in the heart of the rainforest, the views are spectacular. A huge outdoor verandah provides a great place to have your morning coffee while you keep your eyes out for exotic birds and other wildlife. There is also a hammock for relaxing afternoons.
For a larger group, the Penthouse includes all of the amenities of the Luxury Villa, but also provides two bedrooms, making it ideal for families and groups of friends.
If you would prefer not to cook, you can find great restaurants in San Ignacio or choose to have a local chef prepare meals for you in your villa.
San Ignacio is just 10 minutes away; as such, this makes Villa Massis the perfect spot from which to see all of the major attractions.
For the best possible vacation in Belize’s Maya heartland, stay in the luxurious accommodations at the Villa Massis. You will have a luxurious and authentic Belizean experience that you will treasure.